The Torture Device is a sinister idol created by Alison for his enslaved employees to worship as a god while it was still being constructed. It was presumably the main antagonist of The Return to Freddy's 5 prior to its recent cancellation.
The Torture Device resembles a cross between a human and its namesake-A torture device. Various metal instruments and sharp spike-like rods cover the outside of its body. Its "skin" is presumably a rusty metal of sorts. In its original design from Teaser Game 3, its "skin" seemed to resemble snakeskin. Its head resembles the head of Torture Lockjaw. Its mouth has two rows of teeth on both the top and bottom jaws, with the Endoskeleton jaw. Its eyes are not the "eight-spoke sunburst eyes" that other Torture suits have. Its eyes resemble the eyes of Torture Golden Lockjaw, which seem to be human eyes encased by endoskeleton eyes with metal spikes protruding into the eyeball. There seems to be what appears to be human flesh or blood surrounding the eye sockets. There are also four hair-like appendages protruding from the head, which look very similar to Gron's jester hat. The lower half of the Torture Device's body resembles its top half, with the body ending at its fully intact feet.
Tyler/BFP stated that in order to beat the game you need to destroy it, but he didn't state how. Not much is known about it so far. The Torture Device is most likely to appear on Floor 11 or Floor ?, as well as The Machine.
- When it appeared on the menu in the abandoned Clickteam demo, the background turns red.
- It is unknown if it will be a threat, as the times it was shown in-game (demo), it was slumped on the floor.
- It was possibly at Fredbear's Family Diner as a kid-friendly attraction.
- This was later shot down when The Return to Freddy's: The Dreadful Truth was released. It was stated to be an idol enslaved workers were forced to worship, at Fredbear's Family Diner.
- It is believed you needed to crush the Torture Device.
- The Torture Device is going to appear in Tycrazmania as a character known as Torturlifa Devicida, alongside Fairytale Ty, The Beast, Papa Frank, and Sugula.
- He is said to resemble "a tortured, fleshy, disturbing and nutty looking skeleton with dreaded brown clothes", and is located in "a prison dungeon hung from his arms and legs with a large tube coming out of his back".
WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE BOOK FOLLOW
The Torture Device appears on the cover of The Return to Freddy's: The Dreadful Truth book and in the story.
The Torture Device's appearance is exactly the same as the one in the game. Various metal instruments and sharp spike-like rods cover the outside of its body. Its "skin" is presumably a rusty metal of sorts. There are also four hair-like appendages protruding from the head, which look very similar to Gron's jester hat. The only changes are that it has no eyes. Instead, there is a red light shining from the pupils.
- Torture Device is the only character to have an image in the whole book.
- It's revealed that the Torture Device is a false idol that Alison makes his enslaved workers construct and worship. It is said to still be under construction.
The Return to Freddy's: Rebooted
The Return to Freddy's 5 Abandoned Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Demo
The Return to Freddy's Unfinished Demo