|The Return to Freddy's 5|
|Engine||Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (formerly UE4 and before being brought back, formerly Clickteam Fusion 2.5)|
The Return to Freddy's 5, (Previously known as The Return to Freddy's: Remastered and The Return to Freddy's: Rebooted), was going to be the upcoming game for The Return to Freddy's Volume 2 (Other games contained in Volume 2 included The Return to Freddy's: Frankburt's and _RADSLA_), and the final installment in TRTF timeline. Upon Bioninjagames' cancellation of TRTF5 on February 6th, 2017, the TRTF Saga was oficially ended by Tyler Ahlstrom, the founder of the series.
You're an investigator, it's year 2036. Everyone, but you stepped down on a cold case of the mysteries and murders of Fazbear Inc. You... are alive... You... are the child from the past....
The game was planned be released on December 25th, where it is the 1st anniversary of the Saga. It was changed to late 2016 or early 2017, before it was cancelled, but then was revealed to be in work again on December 21st. The game was going to be released on May 16, 2015, according to a brightened teaser, but was changed to release around August and October. The game was later cancelled permanently.
PoniatorFilms began teasing the game with an image of an early version of Torture Lockjaw, at the time called "Hybrid Lockjaw". Soon, Poniator began teasing more characters, including the hybrid versions of Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, Kitty Fazcat, and Vigo. Poniator then started to create teaser games, starting with one where Gron and Vincent vandalize the machine that created the animatronics. Years later, it began creating the Torture Suits, which at the time still were called "Hybrids". Another version of Torture Lockjaw was shown in another teaser. Soon, two more games were made. Some rooms of the game were shown in a few more teasers and some wallpapers, along with Lockjaw's 3rd design, known as Torture Lockjaw. Since then, Poniator has been consistently updating his website with new teasers, until 11-22-15, when he announced it was cancelled. However, on December 20th he released a trailer, revealing it is no longer cancelled, or wasn't cancelled to begin with.
On December 5, PoniatorFilms retired from game development and gave the project to Yin Kouiu. However, a user forced Poniator to reveal that Yin was actually his alternate account. On October 2016, BFP decided to hand TRTF over to Feline Animations and ToonsterGames after his counselor advised him to stop working on it. In December 2016 Toonster and Feline Animations eventually split apart deciding to make there own individual versions of TRTF5 after Toonster said he wanted to change the lore which Feline didn't agree with. Eventually Toonster decided to cancel his version of TRTF5. Eventually later in December 2016, BFP decided to hand the whole entire TRTF series to a person named Bioninjagames. Bioninjagames decided to change the lore just like Toonster and also decided to remove some of the characters and give the torture animatronics' new models. Bioninjagames' version of TRTF5 was set to release on April 15th, 2017. On January 6th, 2017 Feline Animations decided to cancel his version of TRTF5. Exactly one month after that happened on February 6th, 2017 Bioninjagames eventually decided to cancel his version of TRTF5.
- Torture Lockjaw
- Torture Kitty
- Torture Freddy
- Torture Bonnie
- Torture Chica
- Torture Foxy
- Torture Sugar
- Torture Buster
- Torture Vigo
- The Unknown/Torture Beast
- Torture Circus Baby
- Torture Puppet
- Torture Fang
- Torture Toony
- Torture Chuck
- Torture Device
Adventures (Adventure Mode)
- Adventure Lockjaw(s)/Frankburt(s)
- Adventure Kitty Fazcat(s)
- Adventure Shadow Lockjaw(s)
- Adventure Sugar(s)
- Adventure Fairytale Ty
- Adventure Lockjaw child
- Adventure Alison(s)
- Adventure Fang(s)
- Adventure Andy
- Joke Characters
Known non-Torture suits
- This is going to be the only game in the series to have free roam.
- At one point in the game's development, in a scene, the player is asked about everything being a nightmare.
- This theory was believed even before this was shown, due to text when the game starting.
- The text was later changed to "Life is like a butterfly's dream".
- The game still mentions nightmares during the beginning cutscene that plays when the game is launched for the first time.
- There are going to be six endings. It was originally going to be 15, but PoniatorFilms didn't have enough ideas.
- The game takes place during the day and night.
- Poniator confirmed that most of the animatronics from the series would have returned in the game.
- A character contest was also held.
- A character known as Popper Ping was originally going to be in the game, but was cut.
- Poniator said on his twitter there was going to be a game inside of it, known as G.P.D. Not much is known about the game, though, other than the fact that there will be multiple nights and that Torture Springtrap and Fredbear will be threats.
- In an image on his twitter, showing another title screen design, an option stated "G.P.D. Mode". This could be how the player would enter to G.P.D Mode.
As Rebooted and 5