|The Return to Freddy's 4|
|Engine||Clickteam Fusion 2.5|
|Release Date(s)||May 20th, 2015|
The Return To Freddy's 4, or TRTF4, is a FNaF fangame made by BFPFilms424/Tyler which is a sequel to The Return to Freddy's 3. The game would have had received a major update along with the other games, but those have been cancelled with The Return to Freddy's 5.
15 years after Fazbear Fantasy Land has been demolished, the government has come to a decision to make animatronics legal again. What they don't realize is the terrible mistake they just made...
The player assumes the role of Blake once again. The player uses the cameras to watch the animatronics, like before, and when one runs past, he/she must equip the Locker, or in Freddy Fazbear and Lockjaw's case, pull the Smoke lever. If this is not done, the animatronic will attack and kill the player.
- Several weeks before TRTF 4 was planned to be released, a Gamejolt user under the name of "MJJ Deadpool" hacked BFP's computer files and released TRTF 4 early to the public. The game was overall pretty much finished however, and there wasn't much BFP was planning to add. So after MJJ uploaded the hacked early copy, BFP decided to just upload the full game to the TRTF 4 Gamejolt page anyway.
- While TRTF5 was the next game in the series, the next game in the timeline is The Return to Freddy's: Frankburt's.
- TRTF4 is the only TRTF game without Chica or Foxy.
- TRTF 4 was originally meant to release on December 25th, 2015 (Christmas Day), however the release date was eventually changed after a while.
- The newspaper at the beginning of the game has messages around it.
- Most models have major changes, other than being less damaged.
- An Extras Menu called Nightmare Fuel is present in the game.
- The game may possibly take place in 2013, as The Return to Freddy's 3 may take place in 1998 (see the trivia of TRTF3), and this game is 15 years later. However it actually takes place in 2030 according to The Dreadful Truth.
- BFP's least favorite TRTF game is TRTF4. This was revealed by a post he made on Reddit.
- The Golden Lockjaw teaser says "Welcome My Son..." It was a quote from Pink Floyd's song called "Welcome To The Machine".
- This is most likely not a coincidence.
- The jumpscare scream was made by ToonsterGames.
- This game took 3-4 weeks to make
- When the player gets jumpscared, the office moves/shakes.
- Sometimes, when Sally attacks the player, only the first frame of her attack will show, the player will not die, and the full scream will be heard.
- While this may not be a glitch, un-equipping the Locker while Bonnie is looking at the player, she will stay there and be inactive. This can be used as a strategy, as Bonnie is a big threat normally.