Were you looking for:
- Torture Puppet, his Torture Suit counterpart seen in The Return to Freddy's 5: Story Mode?
- Shadow Lockjaw, the character that was once called as the Shadow Puppet?
- BFP, the ghost child that once used The Puppet as his temporal "tomb"?
- Other similar-looking or related characters, such as Lockjaw, Jester-In-A-Box, or the BFPuppet?
The Puppet, called The Marionette until the official name was confirmed, is a gift-giving animatronic in Freddy Fazbear's Pizza that appears throughout the official Five Nights at Freddy's series and also The Return to Freddy's Saga. It first appears in The Return to Freddy's Classic, as the main antagonist of the game and the responsable for the animatronics trying to kill the player. The Puppet in this game, is being used by BFP as his temporal "tomb", since his original one, Lockjaw, was unaccesible for him at that time.
Its appearance was reused from Five Nights at Freddy's 2. The Puppet has a white face with black, hollow eyes (aside from its jumpscare and a small in-game cutscene, in which it gains small, white pupils). Its face is similar to that of a Pierrot, with rosy red cheeks, purple stripes that stretch from the bottom of its eyes to the top of its mouth, and red lipstick painted on in an exaggerated pucker.
Its body is somewhat reminiscent of a sock monkey's, with its round, oblong shape, thin waist, three white buttons, rounded hands that feature three spindly fingers each, and white stripes on the wrists and ankles, along with a thin, long neck. It has no feet, but its legs are tapered to a point. It has neither hair nor head accessories.
The Puppet is first active on Night 1 and onwords, and starts in the Party Room. It will then move to the Dining Area, and to the Show Stage, where it will then resurrect Bonnie (Freddy Fazbear the second time, and Chica the third time) as an agressive machine before going to the East Hall. It will then appear in the East Hall Corner before appearing in your Security Office. If the player doesn't put on the Freddy Mask on time, it will jumpscare the player.
- Unlike FNaF 2, the player doesn't actually have to wind up the Music Box to keep The Puppet at bay, in this game The Puppet now acts like a normal animatronic.
- The Music Box's melody comes from this fan-made Slenderman song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhMG7kCPGwk
The Puppet reappears in The Return to Freddy's 2, as a major antagonist. It is a gift-giving animatronic at Fredbear's Family Diner, that is used by BFP as an aggressive machine due to his fury at not being able to find someone to free him from his inascapable curse.
Like the rest of the animatronics from the second game, the Puppet finally obtained an original model. It appears just like its appearance in Five Nights at Freddy's 2 once again, except its colors appear to be brighter and he is missing white stripes on its limbs. His face also appears to look slightly crumpled, like paper.
The Puppet's function is the same way as in Five Nights at Freddy's 2; the player have to wind a music box in the Party Room 2. If the counter is empty, it will jumpscare the player resulting into a game over.
- Strangely, the gift box is absent from the Party Room 2.
- When he jumpscares the player, it seems that he goes a bit to the right and then return to its actual position when he jumpscares the player. This is most likely an animation error.
- Other animatronics can jumpscare the player in the same way as Puppet does, but they doesn't have this error.
- In the game files, there are images of its TRTF Classic/FNAF2 counterpart.
The Music Box's melody.
The song that plays when The Puppet is in The Office.
The scream that The Puppet makes when killing the player. WARNiNG! LOUD!
The melody that plays when the Music Box is wound.
The Music Box's melody in the Demos.
The scream that The Puppet makes when killing the player. WARNING! LOUD!