- Tortured Lockjaw, a Torture suit that served as inspiration for Popper Ping's design?
- Ping69413, one of the ex-developers of TRTF5 who also served as inspiration for Popper Ping's design?
- Other similar-looking characters, such as Tortured Golden Lockjaw, Shadow Tortured Lockjaw, Tortured Toony or Nightmare Lockjaw?
Popper Ping was planned to be one of the many antagonists in The Return to Freddy's 5, before being removed from the game, due to the developers fearing that this character will hit Clickteam's RAM limit, plus he was basically unimportant to the lore.
Popper Ping is a Torture suit that resembles an old man with yellow/gold "overalls". He looks similar to Tortured Lockjaw, mainly because of the way he is withered, as well as the shape of his head. Unlike Tortured Lockjaw, however, Popper Ping lacks the fedora and instead has spiky hair. Several wires can be seen poking out of him. He appears to wear overalls. His head suspiciously resembles a human skull. He is eyeless in his first teaser, but has eyes in the Thank You! image.
- Popper Ping is the second character to be cut from a TRTF game, as the first was Springtrap in The Return to Freddy's 2.
- According to the user RoxasXIIIkeys, someone on a livestream asked about Popper Ping, and the creator BFPFilms424/Tyler responded that it was an inside joke where he was talking to Ping and tried to say "Papa Ping", but it accidentally sounded like Popper Ping, so they decided to make it an actual animatronic that looked like an old man with overalls.
- Popper Ping's name was revealed by his filename on BFPFilms424/Tyler's site.