Were you looking for:
- BFP, the ghost child that once possesed Lockjaw and The Puppet?
- Golden Lockjaw/Torture Golden Lockjaw, the early version of Lockjaw that inspired his design?
- Shadow Lockjaw, a shadowy version of Lockjaw?
- Torture Lockjaw, his Torture Suit counterpart seen in The Return to Freddy 5: Story Mode?
- Adventure Lockjaw(s)/Frankburt(s), his cancelled Adventure Mode counterparts?
- Other similar-looking or related characters, such as Nightmare Lockjaw, Shadow Torture Lockjaw, Torture Toony, Popper Ping or WoodBuddy?
WARNING. PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS ARTICLE IF YOU'RE EASILY TRIGGERED BY GRAPHIC IMAGES. THANK YOU.
|“||Lockjaw A.K.A Frankburt, is the world's first ever animatronic that has been left for spare parts for decades.||”|
— Nightmare Fuel, The Return to Freddy's 4
Lockjaw, real name Frankburt, is one of the animatronics from throughout The Return to Freddy's series. In this classic game, Lockjaw itself does not appear in the game. It is the main antagonist of most of the games.
However, the Nightmare Fuel menu from The Return to Freddy's 4 claims that he appeared in the classic version. Shadow Lockjaw is Lockjaw, according to BFPFilms424/Tyler, as said in a livestream. Nightmare Fuel also said that the child that possessed Lockjaw once possessed The Puppet.
Lockjaw makes his debut appearance in The Return to Freddy's 2. It was a former 40% safer Torture suit entertainer used at Frankburt's Pizza that was designed by The Owner after Golden Lockjaw/Torture Golden Lockjaw's physical and mechanical design. 41 years later after the restaurant's closure, Lockjaw was stored in the Parts/Service Room of Fredbear's Family Diner for storage and safe keeping. It appears as a minor hallucination in the game and in various death minigames.
Lockjaw is a pale white human animatronic wearing a plain light blue shirt along with some dark blue jeans. It also noticeably is wearing what appears to be a fedora. It also has bright red cheeks, very similar to that of the toy animatronics from FNaF 2, along with some glowing grey eyes. It also seems to be made of wood, however that's very likely just the textures design.
Lockjaw's most prominent role in TRTF2 is as a rare easter egg, in which Lockjaw can be seen sitting down in the Parts/Services Room replacing Sugar's spot, similar to how Shadow Freddy did in Five Nights at Freddy's 2. A hallucination of Lockjaw also appears along with Shadow Lockjaw's faces popping up, usually during the later nights of the game.
Lockjaw first appears in the "Follow Golden Freddy minigame, in which you play as Lockjaw inside of an unknown location and must follow Golden Freddy to see where it's heading to. When following Golden Freddy throughout the location, the player can see various dead children laying throughout the hallways. Eventually, Golden Freddy will guide Lockjaw all the way to the Music Box Room where the animatronic is now gone from. In order to end the minigame, the player must walk into any of the dead children's bodies.
Lockjaw also makes another appearance in the "Lockjaw minigame", in which you play as Lockjaw inside of, presumably Frankburt's Pizza, you appear to be inside of a room with six children. The player needs to constantly walk up to each of the children or else they will start to get more and more angry, once the player walks up to them they will be happy once again. The minigame will automatically end if the player leaves any of the children angry for too long.
In The Office Minigame, the player controls Lockjaw locked inside a room that heavily resembles an office. The player strangely cannot leave the office no matter what they do and there is no legitimate known ways to beat the minigame, the only way to get back out is to close the game.
- Lockjaw is one of BFPFilms424/Tyler's favorite characters, the other being The Unknown/The Beast.
- In the Major Updates of TRTF2, Lockjaw was planned to be the main playable character of one of its game modes called "Dread Mode", where Lockjaw had to prevent the "Ghoul Animatronics" from attacking him.
- Lockjaw was originally meant to be the very first animatronic at Fredbear's Family Diner that was stored in the Parts/Service room due to being very glitchy and too scary for the children.
- This was later changed however, as it possibly didn't make sence on the new lore.
Lockjaw comes back in The Return to Freddy's 3, now as the main antagonist of the game aswell as being one of the main mascots of Fazbear Fantasy Land. It now has a much larger role than it did in TRTF 2.
Lockjaw is tinted green in this game because of the lighting, but it is the same color as in the second game. It has many rips and holes all over its suit, and multiple wires hanging out of it. Inside, it has the remains of a human child. Its mouth always seams to be open because its head is rounded, making it stretch upward from the jaw. Its eyes are part of the child's remains, as seen in the startup images.
Starting from Night 2 and onwards, Lockjaw will start in CAM 10. Lockjaw will then proceed to move into CAM 09 before then going into CAM 08, CAM 06, CAM 05, CAM 03 and then finally into CAM 02. After that Lockjaw will then proceed to quickly run through The Player's office before then jumpscaring the player. To defend yourself from Lockjaw, the player must lock the doors (which are accessed through the cameras). If the player ever looses track of Lockjaw, it's luckily hooked up to the "View Animatronic" function on the Signal Panel, so you can always know where he is. However, if Lockjaw is already in the player's office, it can't be done, as the doors can only be locked through the cameras.
- Lockjaw is 40 years old, as stated by the ending.
- Between TRTF2-3, BFPFilms424/Tyler had very many nightmares of Lockjaw.
- This is very similar to the many nightmares Scott Cawthon had of Bonnie during FNaF 1's development.
- Lockjaw plays the piano, however, it only does this in rare occasions. It is unknown why and how it plays it.
- The piano sound effect comes from Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
- Lockjaw has a close resemblance to BFP in real life.
- BFP, the child that possesses Frankburt, is also based off of BFP (hence the name "BFP").
- As revealed in Nightmare Fuel, Lockjaw was supposed to speak in TRTF3, but the idea was moved to TRTF4.
- However, in TRTF4, it remains unknown where it speaks.
- In TRTF4's intro, while Fazbear Fantasy Land is being taken down as seen in the intro, Lockjaw is there, slumped.
- In The Return to Freddy's 5, this version of Lockjaw is shown as a lifeless suit.
- It is thought in this universe, Lockjaw caused The Bite of '87. However, no proof exists to support this, and the Bite of '87 was confirmed to have never happened.
- Sometimes when starting up the game, one of 5 rare screens of Lockjaw may appear.
- If the player does not look to the left when Lockjaw appears in their office, Lockjaw will not attack them, this makes Lockjaw a very easily avoidable threat.
Lockjaw comes back as the main antagonist of The Return to Freddy's 4. It used to be a TV Showbiz Animatronic used in the original Freddy Fazbear's Pizza from 1987m that served as a TV Studio for Fazbear Incorporated. Later in 2030, it was found by the Phone Buddies and kept in Freddy Fazzy Funtime for future use.
Lockjaw is very different in this version, since it is not the Torture suit we saw in the previous games, instead it is a TV Showbiz animatronic that was used in a children's TV show. It appears to be damaged. It has some small rips on its body, and its endoskeleton feet and shoulders are completely visible. It head is now cylindrical, unlike the previous versions of it.
Lockjaw first becomes active on Night 1 and onwards, just like all of the other animatronics in the game. Lockjaw starts in CAM 11, before then moving into CAM 10, CAM 08, CAM 07 then CAM 03 and then finally into CAM 09. After that, Lockjaw will then limp past the office hallway, moving pretty slowly. After that, Lockjaw will then appear inside of the player's office, violently twitching around. The player must then quickly pull the steam lever or else it will jumpscare the player. If the player successfully deters the animatronic off, it will leave the office and go back to where it started.
Nightmare Fuel Description
Lockjaw's Nightmare Fuel description reads: "Lockjaw, A.K.A Frankburt, is the world's first ever animatronic that has been left for spare parts for decades. The child that possessed this animatronic was mentally abused, and died in 1987 by the mysterious murderer and an insane jester. Lockjaw can also be seen in TRTF 1 and 2. The child that possessed Lockjaw was also once the puppet... Lockjaw also plays a HUGE role in the TRTF story. Lockjaw was also originally meant to speak in TRTF 3, but that feature has been moved to TRTF 4.
- Lockjaw and Freddy Fazbear are the only animatronics that can kill Blake when it hides in the Locker.
- In the newspaper shown when starting the game, BFP reveals its name to be Frankburt, as well as the Phone Call on Night 1 calling it Frank and Nightmare Fuel.
- Lockjaw is actually one of the easiest animatronics to defend off, as it is pretty slow. However it can still be a threat, if multiple animatronics can appear in the hallway at the same time it can be a pretty big problem.
- This is particularly common on Night 7.
- A sprite exists in the files showing Lockjaw peeking from the right, it does not do this in the full game.
- This was also seen in the Game Jolt page.
- Sprites exist of Lockjaw traveling to the left instead of the right, but he doesn't do this in game.
Lockjaw, now called by its actual name "Frankburt", was supposed to come back in The Return to Freddy's: Frankburt's, before its recent cancellation. He serves as a male stripper at Frankburt's, and as a proposed major antagonist for the game.
Frankburt is a white humanoid. It has a cylindrical head, white teeth, brown hair, brown eyebrows, brown beard, and red cheeks. It has a dark blue torso, blue arms, white hand with black-cut gloves. It wears a black fedora with a red stripe, a black bowtie, and 2 big black buttons, and black shoes. It has several silver purple stripes on its head.
Frankburt would have first started on the Show Stage and would've maked its way throughout many other locations of Frankburt's to your Security Office. It is unknown how the player would've defended themselves from Frankburt nor from any of the other animatronics of the game.
- The design of this version of Lockjaw was meant to be used on Lil' Franky, a scrapped albeit of Lockjaw in TycrazMania that was later replaced with Papa Franky.
The tune emmited by Lockjaw when he plays the piano.
Lockjaw's groans that can be heard during gameplay.
The sound Lockjaw makes when killing the player. WARNING: LOUD!
The footsteps heard when Lockjaw walks past the office.
The sound emitted when Lockjaw appears in your office.
The sound Lockjaw makes when killing the player. WARNING: VERY LOUD!