In the TRTF Saga, there are several instances of hallucinations meant to hinder your progress throughout your nights.
Ghoul Balloon Boy (also known as Ghoul BB or just simply Balloon Boy) is a minor animatronic and hallucination who only appears in The Return to Freddy's Classic.
Ghoul BB appears to be almost completely identical to its original counterpart from Five Nights at Freddy's 2, however it now appears to be severely withered/damaged. It's actually missing its left eye and its right arm and left leg's endoskeleton are exposed. Its balloon is completely missing while its sign was missing its head. BB's head is tilted and missing the propeller on its beanie hat. It is also very rusty, with the rust resembling blood.
Ghoul BB is a minor hallucination that will occasionally appear inside of The Player's Office, laughing. If it does appear in The Office, the player must then quickly equip the Freddy Mask to defend themselves from it. Once the player does that it will then leave The Office.
However, if the player does not equip the Freddy Head in time, BB will actually remain in the Player's Office and will cause all of the animatronics to completely ignore the Freddy Mask, making BB a huge nuisance if ignored.
- Ghoul BB is one of the shortest animatronics in The Return to Freddy's series; other is Vigo.
- The texture file of BB was taken from one of Fazboggle's photoshopped images on Deviantart that can be found from here.
- Oddly, even though Five Nights at Freddy's 4 wasn't released back then, the laugh is oddly similar to the laugh of Nightmare Balloon Boy, a character from the said game.
- During the developmment of TRTF5, Ghoul BB was commonly nicknamed as "Shrimp Boy" by the developers, including Tyler himself.
- According to Grammar Wizard, Ghould BB was one of the many, many representations of Tyler's "Inner Demons."
Shadow Dug is actually a edited version of RWQFSFASXC (also known as Shadow Bonnie or RXQ) from Five Nights at Freddy's 2 now with floppy ears.
Shadow Dug is strangely only active during Night 6, before Golden Freddy attacks. If it does ever appear in your Security Office, you must then very quickly put on the Freddy Mask, or else it will cause the game to crash, making the player have to restart the night.
- Since Shadow Dug wasn't mentioned anywhere in The Return to Freddy's: The Dreadful Truth, Shadow Dug could be considered no longer canon.
- Before its name was revealed, players called it "Shadow Sparky", because of the Sparky the Dog hoax, which was a photoshopped image of the Backstage in Five Nights at Freddy's that the creator of later admitted to be fake.
Purple Freddy (known by some fans as Shadow Freddy/Shadow Golden Freddy) is a easter egg in The Return to Freddy's 4. It is a hallucination.
Purple Freddy appears to be a dark purple/black-ish version of Golden Freddy. It has glowing white eyes and teeth. It is standing up, unlike Golden Freddy.
On very rare occasions, it will randomly appear inside of The Office standing in front of the player, staring at them. Shortly after it appears, the game will then crash, making the player have to restart the night. No matter what the player does, they strangely can't actually defend themselves against Shadow Freddy.
- In FNaF, Purple Freddy's name was confirmed as "Shadow Freddy" by the FNaF World trailer, but the TRTF 4 model pack confirmed Purple Freddy's name.
- This is one of the main accepted changes, in edition to Bonnie's gender change and writting Springtrap out of the story.
FUHDWXUH is a mysterious ghostly character that assumes the forms of several characters appearing in The Return to Freddy's 5.
FUHDWXUH can assume the appearances of four different shadowy figures:
In its first form, FUHDWXUH assumes the form of a purple-colored version Torture Device, distinguished by its long tentacle-like hairs.
In its second form, FUHDWXUH assumes the form of a purple-colored version The Unknown/The Beast, distinguished by its long neck and top hat.