|“||Golden Freddy has been throughout the whole TRTF series.||”|
— Nightmare Fuel, The Return to Freddy's 4
In this game, Golden Freddy's appearance was reused from Five Nights at Freddy's 2. His original jumpscare was Freddy's power out jumpscare from FNaF 1, recolored to be Golden Freddy. However, when an update to the game came out changing it to the FNAF 2 jumpscare.
Golden Freddy will randomly appear in the office and will "flash" his head at the player, with multiple images of "IT'S ME". If the player does not put on the Freddy Fazbear mask in time, he will jumpscare the player, ending the night.
Golden Freddy returns as an animatronic in Fredbear's Family Diner and a major antagonist The Return to Freddy's 2. Phone Guy mentions him on Night 2, saying that he is an old Freddy suit.
Golden Freddy's model is the same as Freddy Fazbear's model in the game, but with wires poking out, a gold-like color, and empty eyesockets. He seems to have an rusty endoskeleton.
In TRTF2, he starts in Parts/Service (TRTF2), albeit off-camera, and can rarely teleport into The Office (TRTF2) on any night. If the player puts on the Freddy Mask immediately, he will go away. If the player doesn't put on the Freddy Mask or wears it too late, Golden Freddy will jumpscare the player.
- In the alpha version, Golden Freddy was originally a character with the Springtrap head from Five Nights at Freddy's 3., only with one Foxy-like ear and a hat.
- Again, in the alpha version, Golden Freddy is literally impossible to dodge.
- Golden Freddy is the only character to appear in the office, while the others just jumpscare the player.
- Sometimes, upon starting the game, a rare screen of Golden Freddy can appear and crash the game.
Golden Freddy once again returns in The Return to Freddy's 3. He acts as a hallucination, like the past 2 games. He is completely harmless to the player, however.
Golden Freddy's model is exactly like his model from the second game, but rather more dusty and with a black color.
On rare occasions, Golden Freddy can appear in the office. He doesn't do anything to the player other than sit there.
- Golden Freddy is only animatronic in the game that doesn't attack the player.
- The reason why he is very dusty and black is due to his age, being a very old animatronic.
Golden Freddy once again appears in The Return to Freddy's 4. He is an easter egg, like in the 3rd game.
Golden Freddy's model changes, his head shape is like Freddy Fazbear's TRTF4 version, but it is not floating. He has a texture similar to wood, and is limp like in TRTF3.
Golden Freddy will rarely appear in your office. When he does, he starts making a crying noise, similar to a child's. Like The Return to Freddy's 3, he is completely harmless to the player. He goes away after you look at the Monitor.
- When Golden Freddy appears in the office, it is possible that he may let Freddy and Lockjaw into the office, even if the lever is used.
- Upon closer inspection, Golden Freddy is the least damaged and very dusty.
- The reason why is because it's been shown that Golden Freddy had been hidden in a bunker for so long.